- The hirer undertakes to comply with and use their best endeavours to ensure compliance with these conditions.
- Only a member of the Eastern Suburbs Rugby Union Football Club Inc. (the Club), or a person who has applied for membership, is eligible to hire the facilities. If the hirer is an organisation, a member of the Club must sign on the organisation’s behalf.
- The hire agreement gives the hirer use of the club rooms, kitchen and toilets for the agreed hire period.
- The Club may at its discretion refuse to accept any application for hire of the facilities.
- The application must be submitted within 28 days of the start of the agreed hire period and the Club will notify the applicant of the outcome of their application within 14 days of the application being submitted.
- If the hirer wishes to cancel their booking they must notify the Club at least 7 days prior to their booking.
- The hirer must leave the facilities in a clean and tidy condition.
Food, liquor and other substances:
- The hirer may not serve or sell liquor on the premises without the consent of the Club. The Club has the right to sell liquor to patrons during the hire period in accordance with the Liquor Licensing Act 1990.
- The hirer will take all reasonable steps to ensure that liquor purchased through the Club’s bar is consumed within the licensed area.
- Profits from the operation of the bar during the agreed hire period will be retained by the Club unless otherwise agreed.
- If the hirer wishes to use the kitchen for food preparation and/or service, they must comply with food safety regulations under the Food Act 2003.
- In accordance with the Public Health Act 1997, smoking in enclosed spaces is prohibited.
- The hirer must pay a security deposit of $200 and a cleaning fee of $50 on application.
- The Club will refund the security deposit to the hirer within 14 days of hire, less any liabilities the hirer has to the Club.
- The deposit may be waived by the Club at its discretion. The Club is not obliged to consider a request to waive the deposit nor explain the reasons for their decision.
- The hirer shall be liable for any damage to or loss of property of the Club, damage to property of third parties or injury that results from their use of the facility.
- The hirer shall provide licensed security in accordance with the requirements of the Liquor Licensing Act 1990. Further information about these requirements is available here.
Risks to the Club:
- The Club may, at its discretion, terminate the hire immediately and close the facilities if the activities of the hirer or patrons present a high risk of injury to persons or damage to property.
- The hirer may not use the facility for any unlawful purpose or for any purpose that may bring the Club into disrepute.