15 May 2020
The TRU released their plan late last night to get the 2020 season underway. But first there are quite a few hurdles the club has to jump over. At present we cannot train as a club until we receive approval from the TRU. Amongst other requirements, as a start we need to have:
- All coaches and support staff are registered on Rugby Xplorer (at least as volunteers).
- All players are registered on Rugby Xplorer prior to training (as training only participant).
Below is a link to a draft Return to Play document and a signage for easing back into rugby safely. At this stage we are only operating under Level B1, once this document is fully approved and as restrictions lift, the TRU will notify us of the next level requirements and issue a revised manual and signage.
Rugby Union Return to Play – 14.05.2020.pdf <— click to download
The planned competition dates are as follows:
- 9 rounds state-wide (abridged from 15 rounds and 2 divisions for 2020), plus 3 weeks of finals
- Competition will include all Juniors, Senior Women and Senior Men
- Minor rounds planned for 25 July 2020 to 19 September 2020
- Finals planned for 26 Sept to 10 October 2020